Between visits from the Governor and our brand new blog, it’s no secret that 2012 was HUGE here at Reading Glasses Shopper. To honor the frenzy of fun and informative posts over the past year, we rounded up a few of our favorites.
So cue the champagne, kick those feet up, and catch up on your reading, just in time for the New Year.
1. How to Cover an Old Table in Vintage Book Pages – In one of our most popular posts ever, learn how to update an old table using vintage books and Modge Podge. It’s so easy!
2. 5 Things to Do with Your Grown-up Kids — Sometimes it’s hard to think of new ways to bond with your adult children. This post will help get your brain ticking!
3. Tips on Starting a Book Club — Dive deeper with your reading by starting a book club. Besides, what’s better than recapping the twists and turns of a good book with friends over wine?!
4. Craft Corner: Kids Fabric Flip Flop Decor — These DIY flip flop flowers are the perfect complement to cute little toes! This craft will cheer you up on those gloomy winter days ahead.
5. Find Your Frames with The Spec Style Guide — Having trouble picking out the perfect frames to suit your style? Whether you’re preppy, classic, or artsy, let us lead you to the perfect pair.
6. Jackie O Style — With the 2012 election behind us and Michelle Obama gearing up for four more years of First Lady attire, take a look at the most iconic style-setter in White House history.
7. Save for College: Tips for You and Your Student – If 2013 marks the start of your empty nesting years, and the beginning of tuition bills, read this post and learn how to keep college as cost-efficient as possible.
8. Writing: A Lesson on How to Start — Who says you have to be a literary great to have an excuse to write? Try these quick-and-easy writing prompts to get you started. And if you do end up being the next Ernest Hemingway, we’re completely okay if you give us credit. ;)
9. Finding the Best Eyeglass Frames for Your Face Shape – This is a must-read for every glasses-wearer out there!
10. Foods that Help Protect Your Eyes — It’s never too late to start eating healthy, especially if it’s for the sake of your eyes.
11. DIY Book Ledges – If getting your family organized is on your New Year’s resolution list, then this adorable DIY is right up your alley.
12. What We’re Reading: 50 Shades of Grey — Guest blogger, Tricia Meyers, gave us a fresh perspective on this oh-so-talked-about book. 50 Shades is perhaps the most controversial book of 2012. We wonder what’s in store for 2013?
13. Eye Health vs. Technology: What You Need to Know — The average person spends 6 hours per day in front of a digital device. That’s proof that you need to read this post.
14. 5 Must-Read Books for Your Children – A roundup of our all-time favorite children’s books. These classics are perfect for bedtime!
15. Giving Back: How to Donate Old Readers – By donating reading glasses to those in need, we spread the holiday cheer this season. Instead of shoving unused readers in the junk drawer next year, make a difference by giving yours to charity.
And just in case you missed it (or if you’re like us and just can’t get enough), we did another post roundup back in March with a few of our earlier favorites, too.
Happy New Year from the RGS Team!
Thank you for 12 months of unforgettable stories, laughs, and reader love. Cheers to another year of good reads, fun crafts, amazing books, awesome new products, and getting to know our fabulous followers!