With the arrival of April, many of us are beginning to plan our Easter meals and get togethers. As we begin to plan our menus and decor, it is tempting to turn to our tried and true recipes and decorations. However, this Easter switch things up at your table with one of these simple recipes or festive DIY decorations. Your guests are sure to be impressed and, who knows, you might just end up having a new staple decoration or recipe!
1. An eye catching place setting
Supplies: Colored napkin, coordinating ribbon, tulip
Directions: To create this warm and welcoming place setting, simply fold the napkin and place the tulip or decoration in the center. Finish by loosely tying the ribbon around the tulip and napkin. Not only will guests love being greeted by this piece, but they will also enjoy having a sweet flower to take home.
2. Easter bunny dessert platter
3. Festive centerpiece
4. Strawberry cream mimosa
5. Slow cooker pineapple glazed carrots
For the perfect Easter side dish that adds a punch of flavor, try pineapple glazed carrots.
Ingredients: 2 lbs carrots peeled and sliced, 1 (540ml) can pineapple tidbits with juice (or about 2 cups), ½ cups brown sugar, 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, ¾ tsp. salt, 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple with juice, sugar, vinegar, salt, and cornstarch until combined.
- Add carrots to slow cooker. Pour pineapple over top and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours until tender. Serve.