Nothing beats fresh-from-the-garden produce on a nice summer day. Something that tastes especially amazing homegrown is a fresh tomato. If you’re like my family, you just add a dash of salt and eat it right there. But there are some amazing recipes that you can incorporate into your next meal (If the tomato escapes the quick fate of entering your stomach instantly).
1. Tomato Millefeuilles
Thanks to La Tartine Gourmande for this amazing recipe. Please visit their site for a complete list of all the ingredients.
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into think slices. Make slices of equal sizes to make it pretty-and so the pieces will not fall. For stability, cut small pieces at the bottom.
- Layer each slice. Season with pepper between each of the delicious slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar right before serving.
2. Stuffed Tomatoes with Peaches, Corn, Cucumbers, and Basil
Thanks to Martha Stewart for this tasty recipe. Please visit her site for a complete list of all the ingredients.
- Slice off the tops of tomatoes (about 1/2 inch). Scoop and chop the seeds and ribs. Stir together the chopped tomatoes, peaches, cucumbers, corn, oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes. Adjust for acidity, adding up to 1 tablespoon more lime juice. At the right tastes, stir in basil.
- Season the tomato shells with salt and pepper on the inside. Fill the shell with the mixture. Serve immediately.
3. Baked Parmesan Tomatoes
Check out this delicious recipe from Eating Well. Please visit their site for a complete list of all the ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place tomatoes cut-side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan, oregano, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with oil and bake until the tomatoes are tender — approximately 15 minutes.
4. Cherry Tomato Salad
Check out this fan favorite on the Food Network blog.
- Pick up some multicolored cherry tomatoes and cover them a creamy, tart buttermilk-basil dressing.
All of these tasty treats are red hot! (Get it?) But if tomatoes aren’t your fancy, we have more summer treat ideas to make for the next barbecue just in case 🙂
Have a great day!
Reading Glasses Shopper Crew