Resources on Common Vision Problems
The human body has a number of senses that help identify the environment. People utilize their senses of sight, hearing, smell, touch and taste. While all are important in our daily life, perhaps one of the most important senses is our vision. However, it is very important that we do everything to protect our eyes and the health of our eyes.
There are many potential problems that people can encounter with their eyes. They range from problems such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and night vision to more serious problems such as Macular Degeneration, Cataracts, Glaucoma and Blindness. With many of the vision disorders, they may be prevented with early detection and taking care of their vision.
Eye Health Information
- Children's Eye Health and Safety - informative site providing information aimed at keeping children's eyes healthy as well as providing eye safety tips.
- Eye Health and Eye Conditions - portal containing information and resources on a variety of health and conditions concerning the eye.
- Eye Health Information - information from the National Eye Institute on various vision related topics.
- Facts About Cataracts - informative resource providing information on detection and treatment of Cataracts.
- Cataract Information - useful information about a number of different topics surrounding the vision issue.
- Senior Health Issues: Cataracts - information about the common affliction of senior citizens.
- Cataract Definition - definition and treatment options for the common vision disorder.
- Patient Information About Cataracts - helpful information for patients and people looking to learn more about Cataracts.
- Diabetic Retinopathy Defined - information and description of the eye disease effecting the retinas of diabetic patients.
- Information on Diabetic Retinopathy - helpful information aimed at understanding the complications resulting in this eye disorder.
- Facts About Glaucoma - informative resource covering many aspects of the eye disease.
- Information on Glaucoma - information, symptoms and treatment options are discussed in this informative article.
- Glaucoma Tests - general information about common testing that is done to determine whether patients have Glaucoma.
- Glaucoma and Seniors - helpful information aimed at senior citizens providing information on Glaucoma.
- Information on Glaucoma - useful information on a variety of issues surrounding eye patients suffering from Glaucoma.
- Macular Degeneration Information - useful information on the degenerative eye condition
- Macular Degeneration Defined - informative description of how the eye condition affects individuals.
- Facts About Macular Degeneration - helpful resource providing facts and information about Age Related Macular Degeneration.
- Age Related Macular Degeneration - information on the eye disease which commonly affects senior citizens.
- Eye Health and Safety - helpful site from OSHA on how to protect your eyes at work and home.
- Eye Safety Checklist - useful checklist of eye safety issues to be utilized in the workplace.
- Eye Injuries - informative website providing information on common injuries which occur to people.
- Eye Safety for Kids - educational website with information on keeping kids eyes safe everyday.
- Eye Safety and Health - collection of resources on how to keep eyes safe and healthy.
- Vision Resources & Information - A to Z collection of resources which are aimed at providing information on vision.
- Eye Health Guide - collection of information and resources about vision and eye health.
- Eye Health and Vision Resources - useful collection of information and resources on eye health and vision.
- Vision Resource Collection - informative website containing information on a wide variety of topics.
There are many potential problems that people face with vision. With regular visits to the eye doctor to ensure that people can see. Problems like nearsightedness and farsightedness can be addressed by corrective lenses, and if detected early enough can even reverse any deterioration. Other problems like Macular Degeneration, Cataracts and Glaucoma are more serious can if not detected and treated could result in blindness. Because of these issues, it is important for all people to have early and regular visits to an eye professional.
In addition it is extremely important to use common sense and caution at the workplace and at home. If you are using equipment that may cause objects to fly in the air, please use safety goggles. In summary, you need to protect your eyes and preserve your vision in order to experience the beauty in the world.