Here at Readers.com, we get a lot of questions from customers like you. To help make shopping for reading glasses even easier, we’ve put together a list of our top 5 most-asked questions.
Take a look below and as always, don’t hesitate to call us if you have more questions! We love hearing from you.
1. What power of reading glasses do I need?
There are a few different ways you can determine the best power for you. Pick the one that’s easiest for you:
- Use our PowerFinder quiz to quickly determine your correct reading glasses or computer glasses power.
- Use our diopter chart to test for your correct power up to +3.25.
- If you’ve never worn readers and have no distance corrections for your vision (in other words, a prescription for your eye doctor), you can follow these general age rules:
- 40–45 = +1.00
- 45–50 = +1.50
- 50–55 = +2.00
- 55–60 = +2.50
- 60+ = +2.50–+3.00
- If you have a prescription, give us a call and we can transpose it to the correlating power.
2. Why can’t I sign into my account?
If you can’t sign into your account, you might be typing in an incorrect username and/or password, and you’ll need to reset it. You can do that by clicking the Forgot password? link on the sign-in page.
If you try the above and are still getting an error, it’s possible you don’t have an account, and that you checked out as a guest the last time you ordered from Readers.com. You can create a new account by clicking here and clicking the Create Account button on the right-hand side of the page.
3. How do I delete cookies?
You might be asking yourself, what in the world are cookies? Well, they’re not the cookies sitting inside the jar on your kitchen counter, we can tell you that.
Cookies are small data files used by websites you visit to track your behavior on the Internet. While it might seem a little odd, they pose no threat to the security of your personal data. To learn how to delete your cookies, check out this article. Simply find the web browser you use (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.), and follow the instructions to get rid of your cookies.
There are several options when deleting cookies that can preserve your passwords and history if those are things you would like to save, though the process for doing so varies by web browser. If you want to learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of deleting cookies, we’ve got another article for you to check out here.
4. How do I know what size reading glasses I should order?
The best way to determine what size reading glasses you should order is to measure a pair of glasses you already wear. It could be sunglasses, prescription glasses, or an old pair of reading glasses. Then, compare those measurements to the measurements we have listed on our website for the pair of glasses you like.
Another way to find out your correct reading glasses size is to measure the width of your face from one temple to the other with a ruler or tape measure. Based on the width of your face, you can use this guide to pick the right size:
- Very Narrow: 124mm wide or less
- Narrow: 125mm to 129mm wide
- Average: 130mm to 134mm wide
- Wide: 135mm to 139mm wide
- Very Wide: 140mm wide or more
5. How do I delete or modify items on my order?
You can only delete or modify items on the cart page. The easiest way to get to your cart page is to simply click the shopping cart icon in the upper right hand corner of our website. If you’ve already reached the checkout page, you need to click the red “Return to cart” link in the upper right hand corner.
We hope that was helpful!
If you’re still curious, take a look at some of our other popular customer questions on our FAQ page. Thanks for reading!